GoPros and other such action cameras have been becoming ever more popular with a wide range of people. Swimmers, bikers, surfers, snowboarders, and every other sportsman in between seems to love the GoPro, which is for good reason.
GoPros and other such cameras are fantastic ways to capture high paced action without having to hold a camera in your hands.
Check out the Hohem iSteady Pro 4 review.
These GoPros are fantastic for capturing all kinds of action when you are on the go. Even better is that they can be mounted to your body, to helmets, handlebars, surfboards and more.
See Also:Best GoPro Gimbal Review
Well, today we aren’t here to look at GoPros, but at Gimbals for GoPros and other such action cameras.
In case you are not familiar, a gimbal is a device used to hold cameras and other electronic devices, the purpose of which is to hold them steady in a horizontal position, to mount your camera to a specific surface, and to make capturing video and pictures much easier.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualified purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may earn a small commission from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs. You can read our terms of service .
Best Waterproof GoPro Gimbals 2023
|Top||INKEE Falcon Plus Action Camera Gimbal Stabilizer Compatible with GoPro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/6/5, OSMO Action,Insta360,Support GoPro Media Mod 9H Battery Life, with Tripod and Extension Rod Kits||Check Lowest Price|
|3 Axis Gimbal Stabilizer for Gopro Hero 11/10/9, Handheld Stabilizer for Gopro for Video Recording,IPX4 Waterproof, Bluetooth Control, Compatible with Osmo Camera, YI Cam, Insta360, hohem iSteady Pro4||Check Lowest Price|
|FeiyuTech Vimble 2A-Official 3-Axis Splashproof Telescoping Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer for GoPro Hero 8,7,6,5,SJ CAM,YI 4K,Osmo Action Sport Action Camera, WiFi Connect Control||Check Lowest Price|
A gimbal stabilizer is a quick way to ensure that every single image that your GoPro captures will be a lot steadier and a lot less distorted. In this Best Waterproof GoPro Gimbals Review, we are going to show you which products would be best for capturing perfect action shots during water sports, or in any environment where your GoPro could potentially get a little bit wet!
Related Topic: Top DSLR Camera Gimbals
In other words, these gimbals allow you to mount something like a GoPro camera to virtually anywhere, while ensuring that it is horizontal and at the best angle for capturing images, while also usually allowing you set it up on a tripod and even to control your camera from a distance.
More or less, to put it in fancy terms, a gimbal is an electronic gyroscopic stabilization device, and in this case we are talking about them in specific reference to your GoPro cameras. If you thought that GoPros were awesome, just wait until you know a little more about these gimbals.
Related Topic: Best Gimbal for Mirrorless Cameras
1. INKEE Falcon Plus Action Camera Gimbal Stabilizer
- 【Compatible for Go Pro Media Mod】: Inkee falcon plus upgrade its load weights and can wireless control on go pro cameras. Support the time-lapse/vertrical/horizontal recording, pan follow etc. Support the media mod benefit for easy recording with mic and ligthning.
- 【Compatible for Action Camera】: Go Pro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/6/5. Osmo action, Insta 360. Load capacity 299grams, Easy to attach and disassemble the listed camera with the supplied screws. No need to worry the size of the cameras
- 【2500mAh Built-in Battery】: Recharge your go pro via media mod with the help of usb-c charging cable. Extend your video shooting time frame also work as the power bank during the go pro filming
- 【Qucik Responsive triple motors 】It uses physical stabilization to bring more stable images to the action camera. The maximum load-bearing capacity of the gimbal is 200g, and it can be installed even if the media mod is added to the action camera.
- 【Sound Service from Seller】We recommend adjust balance before use,please refer the tutorial videos under the image display. The un-balanced status may result in shaking and burning the motors,recude the duration time.*****Attention If you met any problem on not charging, balancing or any quality defects can always reach us get the free replacement or refund in the 1year time frame wind
As an action camera enthusiast, I was excited to try out the INKEE Falcon Plus Action Camera Gimbal Stabilizer. I had heard good things about it and was curious to see how it compared to other gimbal stabilizers on the market. Here’s my extensive review of the INKEE Falcon Plus, based on my own personal experience with the product.
First of all, the INKEE Falcon Plus is compatible with a wide range of action cameras, including my own GoPro Hero. It even supports the Media Mod, which is great for when I want to use a microphone or light for live filming. The gimbal has three modes: Follow Mode, FPV Mode, and Lock Mode. Follow Mode restricts movement to two axes, which is perfect for smooth pans. FPV Mode unlocks all three axes for free movement in any direction, which is great for capturing dynamic footage. And Lock Mode locks all three axes to keep the camera steady, which is great for when I want to get a stable shot.
One of the things I really appreciated about the INKEE Falcon Plus is its wireless control capabilities. I can control the camera shooting wirelessly through BT wireless connection, which is convenient and allows me to focus on framing my shots. The gimbal also has a built-in 2500mAh large capacity battery that can be recharged by a USB type-C charging cable. The battery life is impressive – I was able to use it for up to 9 hours on a single charge.
In terms of design and build quality, the INKEE Falcon Plus feels solid and well-made. It has a traditional “GoPro” thumbscrew design for mounting the camera on its base, which is easy to use. The materials used in the construction of the gimbal feel durable and the overall feel of the product is good.
In terms of performance, the INKEE Falcon Plus does a great job at stabilizing my action camera footage. It’s definitely an improvement over in-camera stabilization alone. I didn’t encounter any issues or quirks while using the gimbal, and it was easy to switch between the different modes. Compared to other gimbal stabilizers I’ve used, the INKEE Falcon Plus holds its own and provides excellent stabilization.
Using the INKEE Falcon Plus is straightforward and easy. It comes with a tripod and extension rod kits, which are convenient and add value to the product. The user manual provides clear instructions on charging, installation, balance adjustment, power button, shutter button, connecting to devices, and more. I had no issues setting up and using the gimbal.
In terms of value, the INKEE Falcon Plus is priced competitively compared to other gimbal stabilizers on the market. It has a number of additional features and accessories, such as the tripod and extension rod kits, which add value to the product. Overall, I think the gimbal offers good value for the price.
One of the main competitors of the INKEE Falcon Plus is the Hohem iSteady Pro 4. In terms of features, the INKEE Falcon Plus has an advantage in that it is currently the only gimbal that is compatible with GoPro Media Mod for recording clearer audio. It also has a longer battery life and more modes. In terms of performance, both gimbals provide excellent stabilization, so it ultimately comes down to personal preference.
I haven’t had to deal with customer service for the INKEE Falcon Plus, but from what I’ve heard, the company has a good reputation in this regard. They offer a warranty and repair options if the product experiences any issues.
Another great feature of the INKEE Falcon Falcon Plus is its versatility. It can be used with other devices beyond action cameras, such as smartphones or DSLR cameras. While it may require additional adaptors or equipment to do so, it’s nice to have the option to use the gimbal with a wider range of devices.
Overall, I’ve been very happy with the INKEE Falcon Plus Action Camera Gimbal Stabilizer. It’s compatible with my action camera, has wireless control capabilities and a long battery life, and provides excellent stabilization. The design and build quality are good, and it’s easy to use with the included accessories and clear user manual. In terms of value, it’s competitively priced and offers additional features and accessories that add value to the product. Customers have generally given the product positive reviews, which adds to my confidence in the gimbal. If you’re in the market for a gimbal stabilizer, I would definitely recommend considering the INKEE Falcon Plus.
- Widely compatible with different action cameras, including GoPro Hero and OSMO Action
- Supports the Media Mod for easy live filming
- Wireless control capabilities
- Long battery life (up to 9 hours)
- USB-C universal charging
- Good design and build quality
- Provides excellent stabilization
- Easy to use with included accessories and clear user manual
- Competitively priced and offers additional features and accessories that add value
- Positive customer reviews
- May require additional adaptors or equipment to use with devices beyond action cameras
- May have specific quirks or issues that some users may encounter
- Some users may prefer other gimbal stabilizers on the market over the INKEE Falcon Plus
2. Hohem iSteady Pro4
- 🏆【Great Compatibility 】: iSteady Pro 4 gimbal Supported action camera with weight up to 150g, height up to 51mm, depth up to 30mm, can well compatible with GoPro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3, DJI OSMO Action, Insta360 ONE R (4K & 1-Inch), SONY RX0, and other action cameras with similar size and weight.
- 🏆【iSteady 5.0 Anti-shaking Algorithm & IPX4 Splash Proof 】: No matter for daily vlog, or sport movement, even x-sports, iSteady Pro 4 will make you the smooth footage as always. With the IPX4 splash-proof designed, iSteady Pro 4 allows you to take for hiking, travel even at the rainy day.
- 🏆【Quick Mounting with Quick Release Clip 】: A whole new design of action camera mounting,quick release clip with spring buckle. It replaces the installation of tightening screws, so no more struggling with installation.
- 🏆【Remote Control & One-Clicking Shooting 】: Hohem iSteady Pro 4 is able to switch between different working modes by tapping the mode button, quick to change the mode what you want, like 600°3D Inception Mode, Sports Mode, Time-lapse.Equipped with Bluetooth control module for GoPro, this gimbal allows you to get video on/off at one click for GoPro Hero 10/9/8/7/6/5.(Note: Does not for Gopro 7 Hero White and Silver models pairing to the gimbal.)
- 🏆【14hrs Battery Life 】: Built with 3600mAh battery, iSteady Pro 4 is a nice device working with action camera with short battery life, it can work as a powerbank to charge your action camera with a USB cable while recording, never stop your creati
As an action camera enthusiast, I was excited to try out the Hohem iSteady Pro4 gimbal. As a 3-axis action camera stabilizer with the iSteady 5.0 anti-shaking algorithm, I had high hopes for its performance.
One of the first things I noticed about the gimbal was its multiple modes, including POV, Sport, and Motion Timelapse. These modes allow for a variety of shooting styles and give me more creative control over my footage. The gimbal is also compatible with a range of action cameras, including GoPro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3, DJI Osmo Action, Insta360 ONE R (4K & 1-Inch), and SONY RX0. This is great for those who own multiple action cameras or plan on switching to a different brand in the future.
In terms of performance, the Hohem iSteady Pro4 does not disappoint. It provides superior stabilization and smooth video, even when capturing fast action. I also found that it works well with a tripod for motion time-lapse recording. Some customers have reported that the image stabilisation could be better on its own without Hypersmooth, but I found that when paired with GoPro Hypersmooth stabilisation, the results were fantastic.
One aspect of the gimbal that I particularly appreciate is its ease of use. Setting it up and using the Bluetooth control is a breeze. The control is responsive and intuitive, making it easy to switch between modes and adjust settings on the fly.
The physical characteristics of the gimbal are also worth mentioning. It has a weight of 365g (including battery), which is manageable for extended use. It is made of high performance composite material, giving it a durable and well-constructed feel.
In terms of compatibility, the Hohem iSteady Pro4 works well with a variety of action cameras. I did not experience any compatibility issues during my testing.
The gimbal’s battery life is impressive, with a capacity of 3600mAh and a runtime of up to 14 hours. It also has a power bank feature, which allows it to charge the action camera while shooting. This is a great feature for those who plan on shooting for long periods of time and need to extend the battery life of their action camera.
For the price, I feel that the Hohem iSteady Pro4 offers good value for money. It has a range of useful features and performs well, making it a reliable choice for action camera enthusiasts. Customer support has also been responsive and helpful whenever I had any questions or issues with the gimbal.
In terms of other features, the gimbal has a quick mounting design with a quick release clip and spring buckle, making it easy to mount and dismount the action camera. It is also resistant to water splashes from any direction, making it suitable for outdoor shooting in rainy or snowy conditions. Additionally, it can control the shutter button of GoPro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/6/5 cameras, allowing me to take photos or videos without having to manually press the button on the camera.
Overall, the Hohem iSteady Pro4 has been a great addition to my action camera setup. Its superior stabilization and smooth video make it a reliable choice for capturing high-quality footage. The multiple modes, compatibility with various action cameras, and long battery life are all added bonuses. While it may not offer the best image stabilisation on its own without Hypersmooth, when paired with GoPro Hypersmooth stabilisation, the results are fantastic. For the price, I think it offers good value.
- Provides superior stabilization and smooth video
- Multiple modes for a variety of shooting styles
- Compatible with various action cameras
- Splash proof and long battery life of 14 hours
- Can be used as a power bank
- Can control the shutter button of GoPro Hero 10/9/8/7/6/5 cameras
- Quick mounting design and spring buckle for easy mounting and dismounting
- Resistant to water splashes from any direction
- Good value for money
- Responsive customer support
- Some customers have reported that image stabilisation could be better on its own without Hypersmooth.
3. FeiyuTech G6 Max
- 【All in One Gimbal】With the new strong magnetic and high torque brushless motor, FeiyuTech G6 Max is able to compatible with Mirrorless Cameras below 1.2kg(with short lens), Smart Phones like IOS or Android Phones, Sports Cameras and Pocket Video Vlog Pocket Cameras.
- 【Half Size of A4 Paper & Better Compatibility】The payload of G6 Max is increased up to 1.2Kg/2.65lb, but the size of G6 Max decreased by 20% compared to G6 Plus, the Gimbal size just like half piece of A4 paper. With increased payload and Cable Control ability, G6 Max now compatible for Mirrorless Cameras with short lens, Pocket Cameras, Action Cameras like and Smartphones.
- 【Motor Lock & New Quick Release】All 3 axis are designed with physical motor locks to prevent shaking, the motor locks can be used to fix the 3 axis and keep axis steady when balancing the Gimbal or packing to carry. The new designed Quick Release System can be used to assembled & disassembled camera with gimbal in several seconds. Bring the best detail experience!
- 【Improved Magic Focus Ring 2.0】The multi-functional Magic Focus Ring of G6 Max is upgraded to 2.0 and its sensitivity is increased by 25% compared G6 Plus. It enables to control Zoom & Focus, three-axis rotation, and ad-justment of parameters such as IS0, WB, and exposure value.
- 【Better OLED Screen Interactive Experience】Feiyu G6 Max equipped with a low-power consumption OLED screen, the screen size increased by 200% compared with G6 Plus, the screen now can display the parameters of gimbal and camera, the working mode, power consumption and Bluetooth connection, etc. It also enables to set the Inception, Instant Vertical Photography and Motion Time-lapse with OLED screen, as well as to set gimbal Strength setting, Camera Parametersand other paramete
As a professional photographer, I was excited to get my hands on the FeiyuTech G6 Max gimbal stabilizer. I had heard great things about its performance and quality build, as well as the excellent customer experience that FeiyuTech provides. I wasn’t disappointed.
The G6 Max is a 3-axis handheld gimbal that is compatible with a wide range of cameras, including compact cameras, pocket cameras, smartphones, and action cameras such as GoPro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3, DJI OSMO Action, and Insta360 ONE R (4K & 1-Inch). It has a maximum payload of 2.65 pounds, which is more than enough to support most point and shoot cameras. The gimbal also boasts a tilt range of 280°, a roll range of 330°, and a pan range of 360°, giving you complete control over the movement of your camera.
One of the standout features of the G6 Max is its 9 functional modes, which allow you to easily switch between different shooting styles. Whether you want to follow a moving subject, lock the camera in place, or manually control the movement, the G6 Max has you covered. I was also impressed by the motor lock design, which helps to stabilize the camera when it’s not in use, and the upgraded magic focus knob, which makes it easy to control the focus of your camera.
One of the things I love about the G6 Max is how easy it is to use. It can be operated with just one hand, thanks to the multifunction knob on the side, which allows you to control the tilt of the camera. The OLED display screen is also a great feature, as it provides clear and sharp information about the camera’s settings and status.
Another key feature of the G6 Max is its support for face and object tracking. This allows you to keep your subject in focus, even if they are moving around. It’s a great feature for capturing action shots or following a moving subject. The G6 Max also has a maximum battery life of 9 hours, which is more than enough for a full day of shooting.
In comparison to the G6 Plus, the G6 Max offers improved customer experience with its half size of A4 paper, WiFi, and cable control. It also has an increased payload, but a decreased volume by 20%, making it more compact and easier to pack away. The magic focus ring has also been upgraded to version 2.0, with 25% increased sensitivity.
I’ve been using the G6 Max for a few months now, and I have to say that it’s one of the best point and shoot weight class camera gimbals on the market by far. It’s lightweight, durable, and easy to use, and it produces smooth, stable footage every time. I’ve used it with a range of cameras, including GoPro Hero 11/10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3, DJI OSMO Action, and Insta360 ONE R (4K & 1-Inch), and it has performed exceptionally well with all of them.
Overall, I highly recommend the FeiyuTech G6 Max gimbal stabilizer. It’s a top choice for photographers looking to take their footage to the next level. The compact size, improved features, and compatibility make it a valuable addition to any photographer’s toolkit. You can find it available to purchase on Amazon, and while the price point may be higher than some other gimbals on the market, it’s well worth the investment. Trust me, you won’t be disappointed.
- Compatible with a wide range of cameras, including compact cameras, pocket cameras, smartphones, and action cameras such as GoPro Hero 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3, DJI OSMO Action, and Insta360 ONE R (4K & 1-Inch)
- 9 functional modes for easy switching between different shooting styles
- Motor lock design helps to stabilize the camera when not in use
- Magic focus knob makes it easy to control focus
- One-hand operation with multifunction knob for controlling tilt
- OLED display screen provides clear and sharp information about camera settings and status
- Support for face and object tracking
- Maximum battery life of 9 hours
- Improved customer experience with half size of A4 paper, WiFi, and cable control
- Increased payload but decreased volume by 20%
- Upgraded magic focus ring with 25% increased sensitivity
- May be pricier than some other gimbals on the market
- May not be suitable for larger cameras with a payload above 2.65 pounds
Final Thoughts: Best Waterproof GoPro Gimbals 2023
Choosing a GoPro gimbal that is waterproof can be difficult, but our favorite and the clear winner would have to be the Feiyu Tech G5 3-Axis Handheld GoPro Gimbal. We live in the modern world, and a lot of people have recently switched from PC to MAC. Out of all of the gimbals that we have reviewed, this one is the only one that enables you to update the firmware using a MAC device.
This one is also unique in that it has been designed specifically with a single GoPro in mind, yet it still works perfectly with a range of other devices. Everything from the intuitive interface to the gimbal settings work well together, enabling you to capture footage that is perfectly smooth, rather than the standard jittery footage that would usually be produced by a GoPro.
Remember to look at a variety of different factors when you come to choose your own gimbal. It needs to be suitable for you and your needs, but it also needs to work perfectly without any risk of it breaking while in use. The construction and design of the gimbal is probably the most important factor to consider, as that will determine the shots that you can capture with it. If you are creating videos with your smartphone you want to read this review of the EVO Shift gimbal.
BUYERS GUIDE | WATERPROOF GOPRO GIMBAL
What is a Gimbal?
A gimbal is a type of device that is commonly used for capturing steady video footage. Gimbals themselves usually work on a 3-axis system that includes several motors being readily used, keeping the camera steady and level regardless of the terrain that it may be exposed to.
Gimbals are slightly more expensive than the standard stabilizers that can be found on the market, but they give you a lot more control as a user. You can control how you want your camera to be angled, and exactly how you want your overall video footage to look. Most gimbals have several different settings, ranging from the camera staying locked in one position to the camera being able to pan around as you move.
Most of these gimbals are also rechargeable, featuring built-in battery packs that help you increase the amount of time that they work for. For long video sessions, you could simply take several batteries with you, ensuring that your sessions are not cut much shorter than you intended them to be.
There are a lot of different gimbal devices available on the market, for a range of different cameras. Knowing which ones are good and which ones are bad can be relatively difficult, as some gimbals give you perfectly clear footage while other gimbals produce footage that still looks relatively shaky and distorted. One of the most important things that you need to consider when looking at a gimbal is whether or not it is actually compatible with you and your requirements, so ensuring that it is suitable for your needs is an absolute necessity.
Why should you use a gimbal?
Anyone that has ever used a GoPro without a stabilizer will know exactly why a gimbal is a necessity, as the footage that is produced by most GoPro devices is always a little bit distorted. These perfect cameras pick up on every little shake, and the evidence of that can be found in your video footage afterward.
A gimbal has the ability to offer you a wide range of motion, with motion settings of your own choice, without you even having to spare a thought for stability issues. They also allow you to easily move your camera around without a single problem occurring. You can save a lot of time and energy by simply moving your camera around freely, producing images that are not distorted without having to concentrate on cutting the footage where you move your camera. Protecting your camera gear is essential in keeping your cameras and accessories in good running order.
How much does your camera weigh?
The overall weight of your camera with all its attachments, and sometimes the brand, is something that has to be taken into consideration when you go to choose a gimbal. Different types of gimbals have different weight capacities, so you need to ensure that the one that you purchase is suitable for use with your own camera.
Most of the time, gimbals are only compatible with cameras that are relatively lightweight. So, a GoPro is the perfect option. You also have to consider the compact nature of a lightweight camera, as they are easy to carry around on your adventures.
Construction and Design
The construction and design of the gimbal that you are looking at is something that has to be taken into consideration. You should thoroughly research the way that the individual gimbal works, and see whether or not it is actually suitable for your requirements.
For example, do you want a gimbal with a long handle or a short handle? There is no right or wrong answer, as the answer actually comes down to a mixture of personal preference and which you find more comfortable. This could require a little bit of trial and error testing, so it might be advisable to find a gimbal that features numerous attachments if you aren’t too sure.
You also have to consider whether or not the gimbal can be spun around while filming. This can make a massive difference, as it makes filming on the go an awful lot easier than it otherwise would be.
Other factors to consider are the material that the grip is made out of, and whether or not the design of the gimbal will offer your camera enough stability. The grip should be comfortable to hold, otherwise, you might not want to hold it for long time periods. If you own a camera that is relatively heavy, then it will require a longer stabilizer.
Ease of Assembly
Most people never take into consideration how easy a product will be to assemble until they actually own it, but it is important to take it into consideration beforehand when it comes to gimbal devices.
You have to remember that most of your filming will be done while moving around and participating in different activities, so struggling to assemble your gimbal would be disastrous. You should aim to purchase a gimbal that you know can be assembled rather quickly, especially if you plan on using it frequently.
You need this speed so that you can concentrate on the important footage that you are filming, and not wasting time trying everything to put your gimbal together. Any excessive amount of time will eat into the time that you have to film, so putting your gimbal together should be an easy task that takes no more than a few minutes.
Another thing to consider is whether or not you need specialist tools to assemble the gimbal that you have found. If you do, then you should consider purchasing a spare set. This means that you don’t have to worry if you do lose an item, as you will already have one readily available to use.